A transvaginal ultrasound is a scan that looks at your reproductive organs and the surrounding pelvic area. At Affordable Ultrasound we can use this exam to examine your uterus, womb lining (also called the endometrial cavity), ovaries and follicles. During the ultrasound scan we can look for any abnormal appearances that may account for any specific symptoms you’ve been experiencing. Our Sonographers may ask questions about your fertility treatment and current treatment plan to assist with performing an ultrasound scan and report best suited to your needs.
Our highly trained sonographers, are able to provide information on uterine changes and follicle tracking (coming soon) to assist your referring specialist in the management of your fertility treatment.
Pelvic and Ovary Ultrasound
What are the indications or reasons for having a pelvic and trans-vaginal ultrasound?
- as part of your well woman screening
- to investigate gynaecological symptoms such as pelvic pain, irregular periods or other menstrual problems
- to confirm the diagnosis if we suspect you have a condition such as fibroids or ovarian cysts
- to check on your condition if you have been diagnosed with a problem such as fibroids or polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) that requires monitoring
- to assess your fertility or assist your doctors if you are undergoing fertility treatment at another clinic